Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Vulgate (Latin) translation has Non occides, i.e. "Thou shalt not kill

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jancancook

The Vulgate (Latin) translation has Non occides, i.e. "Thou shalt not kill Empty
PostSubject: The Vulgate (Latin) translation has Non occides, i.e. "Thou shalt not kill   The Vulgate (Latin) translation has Non occides, i.e. "Thou shalt not kill Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:30 am

The Vulgate (Latin) translation has Non occides, i.e. "Thou shalt not kill." English translations using "kill" include the King James (Authorised) (1611) [although note Matthew 19:18 "do no murder," following the Vulgate non homicidium facies], the American Standard (1901) and Revised Standard (American Protestant, 1952) Versions. Almost all Roman Catholic translations, including the Douay-Rheims Bible (1609/1752), the New American Bible (1970), the New Jerusalem Bible (1985) and the Christian Community Bible (1986), have "kill." Martin Luther (German, 1534) also uses töten (kill).

vasleh.com
drag queen
Back to top Go down

The Vulgate (Latin) translation has Non occides, i.e. "Thou shalt not kill
Page 1 of 1