Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In the Latin-Rite (i.e., Western) Catholic Church, the sacrament is customarily

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jancancook

In the Latin-Rite (i.e., Western) Catholic Church, the sacrament is customarily Empty
PostSubject: In the Latin-Rite (i.e., Western) Catholic Church, the sacrament is customarily   In the Latin-Rite (i.e., Western) Catholic Church, the sacrament is customarily Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:41 pm

In the Latin-Rite (i.e., Western) Catholic Church, the sacrament is customarily conferred only on persons old enough to understand it, and the ordinary minister of confirmation is a bishop. "If necessity so requires", the diocesan bishop may grant specified priests the faculty to administer the sacrament, although normally he is to administer it himself or ensure that that it is conferred by another bishop.[4] In addition, the law itself confers the same faculty on the following:

* within the confines of their jurisdiction, those who in law are equivalent to a diocesan Bishop (for example, a vicar apostolic);
* in respect of the person to be confirmed, the priest who by virtue of his office or by mandate of the diocesan Bishop baptises an adult or admits a baptised adult into full communion with the catholic Church;
* in respect of those in danger of death, the parish priest or indeed any priest.[5]

Models
ModelingPhotos
Back to top Go down

In the Latin-Rite (i.e., Western) Catholic Church, the sacrament is customarily
Page 1 of 1