Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Charles E. Barber

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lunamoonfang

Charles E. Barber Empty
PostSubject: Charles E. Barber   Charles E. Barber Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:19 am

Charles Edward Barber (November 16, 1840[1] – February 18, 1917) was the sixth Chief Engraver of the United States Mint from 1879 until his death in 1917. He succeeded his father, William Barber, in the position. Barber's best-known designs are the eponymous "Barber" dime, quarter, and half-dollar, as well as the so-called "V" nickel. Some lesser known designs by Barber include the trial copper-nickel cent, trial three-cent piece, and the $4 Stella "Flowing Hair" pieces. He was strongly critical of Augustus St. Gaudens' design of a new double eagle in 1908, and tried hard to stop them being produced.

Barber was succeeded as Chief Engraver by George T. Morgan.
nirvana

Charles E. Barber Empty
PostSubject: Re: Charles E. Barber   Charles E. Barber Icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 11:02 am

Gael Kakuta signs Chelsea contract extension

Kakuta is yet to establish himself as a Chelsea regular
Chelsea forward Gael Kakuta has signed a new four-and-a-half-year contract to keep him at the club until 2015.
The 19-year-old joined the club in July 2007 but had to wait until November 2009 to make his first-team debut.
However he has been a regular squad member this season with manager Carlo Ancelotti forced to contend with injuries to senior players.
"I have to make a way for myself into the starting 11 and make my dream come true," Kakuta told Chelsea's website.
"Since I signed for Chelsea when I was 16 all I was thinking about was to get to the first team.
"It's my job to do my best and try to play more often and show the coach that I am good enough to play in the team."
Kakuta helped his country win the European Under 19 Championship this summer and was also voted Uefa's Golden Player for the tournament.

606: DEBATE
He is still young but now's the time for him to show everyone his true potential
Michael
His arrival from Lens was controversial with Chelsea found guilty in 2009 of having induced the player to break his contract.
Initially the Blues were barred from making signings until September 2011, although the Court of Arbitration for Sport overturned the ban earlier in 2010 - however Chelsea were required to pay £113,000 compensation to cover the player's development at the French club.
Kakuta has played in five out of six Champions League group games, starting in two, including the home game against group runners-up Marseille.
"It is a dream when you are young to play in the Champions League and I hope I will play more games," he added.
"It is always good to play with players with more experience, you learn quicker and to improve quicker is good for our development."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Big Game Fishing
Personal Success books
Back to top Go down

Charles E. Barber
Page 1 of 1