Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I confess that as Summerlee stated his view it struck me as altogether reasonable

Go down 
AuthorMessage
heroisthai

I confess that as Summerlee stated his view it struck me as altogether reasonable Empty
PostSubject: I confess that as Summerlee stated his view it struck me as altogether reasonable   I confess that as Summerlee stated his view it struck me as altogether reasonable Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:06 pm

I confess that as Summerlee stated his view it struck me as altogether reasonable. Even Challenger was affected by the consideration that his enemies would never stand confuted if the confirmation of his statements should never reach those who had doubted them.

"The problem of the descent is at first sight a formidable one," said he, "and yet I cannot doubt that the intellect can solve it. I am prepared to agree with our colleague that a protracted stay in Maple White Land is at present inadvisable, and that the question of our return will soon have to be faced. I absolutely refuse to leave, however, until we have made at least a superficial examination of this country, and are able to take back with us something in the nature of a chart."

Professor Summerlee gave a snort of impatience.

"We have spent two long days in exploration," said he, "and we are no wiser as to the actual geography of the place than when we started. It is clear that it is all thickly wooded, and it would take months to penetrate it and to learn the relations of one part to another. If there were some central peak it would be different, but it all slopes downwards, so far as we can see. The farther we go the less likely it is that we will get any general view."

best e-cigarette 2011
commercial hand dryer
Back to top Go down

I confess that as Summerlee stated his view it struck me as altogether reasonable
Page 1 of 1