Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The themes usually share their names with their film

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jancancook

The themes usually share their names with their film Empty
PostSubject: The themes usually share their names with their film   The themes usually share their names with their film Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 1:27 pm

The themes usually share their names with their film. "Nobody Does It Better", the theme for The Spy Who Loved Me, was the first Bond theme not to share its title with that of the movie, although the words "the spy who loved me" do appear in the lyrics. The song is featured in both credit sequences of the film, and in orchestral form throughout. "Nobody Does It Better" was nominated for an Academy Award for "Best Original Song" of 1977, but lost to the theme song to You Light Up My Life. Hamlisch's score for the film was also nominated for an Oscar, but lost to John Williams' score for Star Wars.
The only other Bond themes to be nominated for an Academy Award for best song are "Live and Let Die", written by Paul and Linda McCartney and performed by their band Wings, and "For Your Eyes Only", written by Bill Conti and Michael Leeson and performed by Sheena Easton, though a few of John Barry's scores have been nominated.

teeth whitening gel uk
celebrity news
Back to top Go down

The themes usually share their names with their film
Page 1 of 1