Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Thank heaven that there were two sane men--Lord John Roxton and myself--to prevent the petulance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
heroisthai

Thank heaven that there were two sane men--Lord John Roxton and myself--to prevent the petulance Empty
PostSubject: Thank heaven that there were two sane men--Lord John Roxton and myself--to prevent the petulance   Thank heaven that there were two sane men--Lord John Roxton and myself--to prevent the petulance Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 5:08 pm

Thank heaven that there were two sane men--Lord John Roxton and myself--to prevent the petulance and folly of our learned Professors from sending us back empty-handed to London. Such arguing and pleading and explaining before we could get them mollified! Then at last Summerlee, with his sneer and his pipe, would move forwards, and Challenger would come rolling and grumbling after. By some good fortune we discovered about this time that both our savants had the very poorest opinion of Dr. Illingworth of Edinburgh. Thenceforward that was our one safety, and every strained situation was relieved by our introducing the name of the Scotch zoologist, when both our Professors would form a temporary alliance and friendship in their detestation and abuse of this common rival.

Advancing in single file along the bank of the stream, we soon found that it narrowed down to a mere brook, and finally that it lost itself in a great green morass of sponge-like mosses, into which we sank up to our knees. The place was horribly haunted by clouds of mosquitoes and every form of flying pest, so we were glad to find solid ground again and to make a circuit among the trees, which enabled us to outflank this pestilent morass, which droned like an organ in the distance, so loud was it with insect life.

seo article writing
forex trading signals
Back to top Go down

Thank heaven that there were two sane men--Lord John Roxton and myself--to prevent the petulance
Page 1 of 1