Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bird shrugged

Go down 
AuthorMessage
heroisthai

Bird shrugged Empty
PostSubject: Bird shrugged   Bird shrugged Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 1:33 pm

Bird shrugged. "Probably the outfield. How come you're not playing, Greg?"
With his big shoulders and muscular arms and legs, Greg was the natural athlete of the group. He was blond and good-looking, with flashing gray-green eyes and a wide, friendly smile.
"My brother Terry was supposed to go sign me up, but he forgot," Greg said, making a disgusted face.
"Where is Terry?" Shari asked. She had a tiny crush on Greg's older brother.
"He got a job Saturdays and after school. At the Dairy Freeze," Greg told her.
"Let's go to the Dairy Freeze!" Michael exclaimed enthusiastically.
"We don't have any money-remember?" Bird said glumly.
"Terry'll give us free cones," Michael said, turning a hopeful gaze on Greg.
"Yeah. Free cones. But no ice cream in them," Greg told him. "You know what a straight-arrow my brother is."
"This is boring," Shari complained, watching a robin hop across the sidewalk. "It's boring standing around talking about how bored we are."
"We could sit down and talk about how bored we are," Bird suggested, twisting his mouth into the goofy half-smile he always wore when he was making a dumb joke.

"Let's take a walk or a jog or something," Shari insisted. She made her way across the lawn and began walking, balancing her white high-tops on the edge of the curb, waving her arms like a high-wire performer.
The boys followed, imitating her in an impromptu game of Follow the Leader, all of them balancing on the curb edge as they walked.

best vietnam travel
Medicine Hat Maternity Photographer
Back to top Go down

Bird shrugged
Page 1 of 1