HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

there are so many stories I want to tell you

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
lynk2510

PostSubject: there are so many stories I want to tell you    Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:46 am

t a helicopter immediately to the hospital and took him to their military base.

But the foreign students from Vietnam are not so lucky. I still haven't received news of them. If there were exact names and addresses of where they work and so on, it would be easier to discover their fate. In Japan, the police do not keep accurate residential information the way they do in Vietnam, and privacy law here makes it even more difficult to find. I met a Japanese woman who was working with seven Vietnamese women, all here as foreign students. Their work place is only 3 kilometers from the ocean and she said that they donít really understand Japanese. When she fled, the students followed her, but when she checked back they were gone. Now she doesn't know if they managed to survive. She remembers one womanís name: Nguyen thi Huyen (or Hien).

No representatives from the Vietnamese embassy have shown up, even though on the Vietnamese Internet news sites they claim to be very concerned about Vietnamese citizens in Japan - all of it a lie. Even us policemen are going hungry and thirsty, so can you imagine what those Vietnamese foreign students are going through? The worst things here right now are the cold, the hunger and thirst, the lack of water and electricity.

People here remain calm - their sense of dignity and proper behavior are very good - so things arenít as bad as they could be. But given another week, I canít guarantee that things won't get to a point where we can no longer provide proper protection and order. They are humans after all, and when hunger and thirst override dignity, well, they will do whatever they have to do. The government is trying to provide air supply, bringing in food and medicine, but itís like dropping a little salt into the ocean.

Brother, there are so many stories I want to tell you - so many, that I donít know how to write them all. But there was a really moving incident. It involves a little Japanese boy who taught an adult like me a lesson on how to behave like a human being: Last night, I was sent to a little grammar school to help a charity organization distribute food to the refugees. It was a long line that snaked this way and that and I saw a little boy around 9 years old. He was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. It was getting very cold and the boy was at the very end of the line. I was worried that by the time his turn came there wouldnít be any food left. So I spoke to him.

He said he was in the middle of PE at school when the earthquake happened. His father worked nearby and was driving to the school. The boy was on the third floor balcony when he saw the tsunami sweep his fatherís car away. I asked him about his mother. He said his house is right by the beach and that his mother and little sister probably didnít make it. He turned his head and wiped his tears when I asked about his relatives. The boy was shivering so I took off my police jacket and put it on him. Thatís when my bag of food ration fell out. I picked it up and gave it to him. ďWhen it comes to your turn, they might run out of food. So hereís my portion. I already ate. Why donít you eat it.Ē

The boy took my food and bowed. I thought he would eat it right away, but he didn't.
outsourcing web design
home business guide
Back to top Go down
View user profile

there are so many stories I want to tell you
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1